Job Opportunities

In order to practice medicine in Hong Kong, you are required to pass the Licensing Examination of Medical Council Hong Kong (MCHK).  For details, please refer to the MCHK’s website.

Alternatively, you can practice medicine in Hong Kong with a MCHK “limited registration” which has to be renewed periodically and are subject to the employment with a specific institution. Currently, there are 3 institutions with such arrangement:

  1. Department of Anaesthesiology, The University of Hong Kong
  2. Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
  3. Hospital Authority (HA), the government body which overlooks all public hospital in Hong Kong. For details, please refer to the HA’s website.